Snorkel entre continentes en Silfra | Fotos gratisVen a hacer snorkel en Silfra, en el Parque Nacional Thingvellir. Podrás pasar entre placas tectónicas mientras flotas en agua de deshielo pura y glacial, rodeada de vistas acuáticas inigualables.
Book this tour
Tamaño del grupo
6 personas por guía
Snorkeling equipment, certified PADI DIVE master, free photos, hot chocolate and cookies,
You will begin this tour at our meeting point at Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Once you are there, you will take a short journey through the volcanic, moss-laden fields of the park. Here, you will listen as your friendly and experienced PADI Divemaster guide provides a safety briefing.
Later, you will receive all of the necessary equipment for snorkeling in Silfra, including neoprene hoods and gloves, a thermal undersuit, a drysuit and, of course, a mask, snorkel and fins. This equipment will keep you buoyant throughout your time in the fissure, as well as offering a protection against the glacial water.
Once in the water, your eyes will meet the incredible shades of blue so prevalent in the fissure, as well as the natural under-water flora canyon walls. As you are swimming you will have the opportunity to move across continents, as you will be switching back and forth from both the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates, which is one of Thingvellir’s most famous characteristics.
Swimming further, you will meet Silfra Hall, which is the widest section on the fissure and the majestic Silfra Cathedral, it’s deepest section. Even more, the stunning shallow oasis will be presented before your eyes at the end, “Real Blue Lagoon”.
Don’t over think it! Come with the trolls to discover the amazing sights of Silfra glacial fissures in the world’s clearest waters one of the major wonders to be found in Iceland. Book this tour by selecting a date.
Important information. To be able to do this tour, you have to be able to comply the following requirements
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form – click here. You can sign the form at the meeting location.
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim.
- Communicate in English or have an interpreter with you at the time of the tour.
- Be physically fit.
- Not be pregnant.
- You must be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit to protect your body from the cold.
- You must be a minimum of 150 cm and a maximum of 200 cm in height and weigh between 45 and 120 kilos along with being physically fit.
- You must be a maximum of 65 years of age to participate in this tour. If you are over 60 years of age, you need a medical waiver, available on page 2 of the medical form.
- You must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate in this tour. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
- If you are over 45 and partake/have partaken in pipe smoking or heavy alcohol intake, you need a medical waiver.
- Please note that should you have any neurological, circulatory or respiratory problems or underlying diseases, battled any illnesses or have any physical problems you might have to turn in a physicians allowance to participate in this tour.
✓ 3 hours (around 45 minutes under the water)
✓ All year
✓ Small group (max 6 people per guide)
✓ Certified Snorkelling guide
✓ Silfra entrance fee
✓ Free photos
✓ Snorkeling equipment and drysuit
✓ Hot drinks and cookies after the tour!
Good to know
• Participants must have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form – click here. You also can sign the form at the meeting location.
What you need to bring:
• Thick warm socks
• A towel
• Long underwear
• Change of clothes (just in case)
• Contact lenses if you wear glasses
✓ 12 years
Park your car at P5 parking lot at Thingvellir and walk to the Tröll mark on the map below.
You can look up “Tröll Snorkel Meeting Point” on Google Maps to find the exact location. Click on the map.
The estimated driving time from Reykjavík to Silfra is 45 minutes